Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Presence Ministry of Alberto and Kimberly Rivera

Not so long ago a dear friend asked me to listen to a song on a music CD. Now, I am not a real big fan of what is known as worship - style church music. I love hymns and great choral music from the Western tradition - Bach cantatas, Handel oratorios, etc.

But I wanted to be polite, so I sat down and listened. I was absolutely amazed at how this music touched me and truly ministered to my (wounded) heart. The music was from a CD called Longing by Alberto and Kimberly Rivera. I have since had the opportunity to hear another song from this CD. My friend told me that this music would transform the atmosphere in my home. With nine strong personalities living under one roof, the atmosphere in my home is not always, shall I say, peaceful. I have just placed an order for this CD and one other. Should get here in 2-3 days. I'll let you know what I think of the other CD. And how it brings peace.

You can read about the Riveras and their ministry here.

No comments: