Thursday, March 13, 2008

Good New Choral Resource

There is a new book (new to me, anyway) that I have discovered last summer that I wanted to share with you children's choir directors. Choral Excellence for Treble Voices by Marie Stultz. When you buy the book, you also subscribe to a website that has all kinds of fabulous helps. Mrs. Stultz has annotations of over 300 pieces of quality treble voice choral literature on this website, all the information you would need, teaching suggestions, ideas for programing, etc. I am really excited about it. After reading the book and perusing the website last summer, I placed a huge order for choral octavos. Then came the fun of deciding which ones to have my choir sing this year! Having this resource has revitalized my choir program. Anyway, here is where you can check it out- there are some free articles you can read. Enjoy!

No comments: